RAISING UP A GENERATION OF LEADERS OF INTEGRITY W HO W ILL DISCIPLE OTHERS MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THEIR COMMUNITIES AND NATIONS. TO INSPIRE, EDUCATE AND EMPOW ER YOUNG PEOPLE THROUGH CAPACITY-BUILDING AND EQUIPPING THEM W ITH NEW SKILLS, KNOW LEDGE AND ATTITUDE THROUGH TRAINING AND MENTORSHIP IN ORDER TO PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE POSITIVE YOUTH DEVELOPMENT AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH
RESOURCING GLOBAL YOUTH OUTREACH BY SPURRING THE YOUTH TOW
ARDS PROGRESSIVE CHANGE AND TRANSFORMATION IN THEIR LIVES AND COMMUNITIES
THROUGH INTERACTIVE AND PARTICIPATORY VALUE-BASED TRAINING AND MENTORSHIP.
To use the ICY Diploma in Missional Leadership (validated by Springdale International College) as a tool to disciple young people in character, skills, values, spiritual life & vision, who will have a passion make a difference for their communities & country. Also to work with the United Nations Sustainable Goals , enabling young adults to develop community projects based on these goals.
Statement of belief: ICY has adopted the Evangelical Alliance Statement of Faith.
We believe in …
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ born of the virgin Mary, truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the firstfruit of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.